Alfa Laval’s 100th anniversary year will close with new innovations at Marintec
2017 has been a significant year for Alfa Laval, marking the 100th anniversary of the company’s first marine separator delivery. As the year draws to an end, Alfa Laval will celebrate by bringing customers its latest marine innovations at Marintec China.
For a full century, Alfa Laval has provided solutions to marine industry challenges. The first, delivered in 1917, was a centrifugal oil-cleaning separator developed at the request of U.S. Navy. Today, Alfa Laval solutions are meeting a whole spectrum of needs – including protecting the environment and reducing energy use. Visitors will find ample proof at Marintec China, taking place 5–8 December in Shanghai.
Solutions and activities in the stand During Marintec,
- Alfa Laval will focus especially on the pressing needs of environmental compliance and energy efficiency. Prominent innovations will be on display, including:
- Alfa Laval PureBallastPureBallast 3.1 Compact, a skid-mounted module, will be present in the stand. Experts will also be ready to discuss the newly launched PureBallast 3.1 Compact Flex, the answer to installation challenges. Delivered as loose components for plug-and-play installation, it packs the leading treatment system into today’s smallest footprint.
- Alfa Laval AQUA Blue S-typeThe new AQUA Blue S-type uses just half the seawater compared to conventional freshwater generators. By also taking advantage of the vessel’s existing seawater cooling system pumps, it reduces electrical power consumption by almost 70%.
- Alfa Laval PureSOxPureSOx is the leading SOx scrubber solution for meeting ECA limits and the global sulphur cap. Chosen for more than 100 vessels to date, its track record is unmatched by any other solution. Every PureSOx system ever sold is operating and in compliance.
- Alfa Laval Moatti 290 filtersThe Moatti 290 filter series provides fine filtration with virtually no pressure drop. Its applications include filtration of lubricating oil for two-stroke and four-stroke engines, as well as filtration of hydraulic control oil for two-stroke engines. Alfa Laval Touch Control for Aalborg boilersAlfa Laval Touch Control is a robust, future-proof control system that is being rolled out successively for Aalborg boilers. Featuring a graphical touchscreen display that provides a full plant overview, it offers many opportunities to optimize boiler operation.
- Alfa Laval PureNOx PrimeAlfa Laval PureNOx Prime is a smaller and leaner application of proven PureNOx technology, specifically for use with low-sulphur fuel. Compact and easy to install, it effectively cleans circulation water and overboard bleed-off water in an EGR process.
Throughout Marintec China, experts will be on hand to discuss new Alfa Laval solutions and the ways Alfa Laval can extend the performance of existing solutions. In addition, visitors will be invited to help celebrate Alfa Laval’s 100 years of service to the marine industry.
Please see Alfa Laval Corporate AB company electronic office
For further information contact:
Anne Kirstine Senderovitz
Communication Manager and VP
Marine & Diesel Division, Alfa Laval
Phone: +45 51 23 45 56
ÖRN MARKETING AB
Company press releases